Monday, October 26, 2009

Week Three

I know now if we are going to order printer ink online to do it when the printer first starts protesting that it is running out of ink. It took a lot longer to get than I thought it would, about a week and a half. And with my mother visiting we hardly had time to get anything done.

Our travel plans for Thanksgiving got pushed back until the first week of December, and as far as I know we don't have any other plans so hopefully for a few weeks at least we can get back on track.

This weeks theme is Kittens and the vocabulary word is claws, but I changed the theme and the vocabulary work to "Cat," because I think that cat is a reasonably easy three-letter word to spell. I got the picture of the cats from http://a2.vox.com/6a00e398f645e4000500f48d1521a20001-320pi through Google images.

Monday: We went over the letter "C" and did a capital "C" worksheet from School Express found here.

Tuesday: I could not find a diamond activity, so I ended up printing a diamond outline. Later I found shapes and colors window clings at Dollar Tree.



So we will be using those to help Jasmine learn the shapes and colors. They also had a border trim for the shapes with the same pictures as the clings and I cut up one of the trims to use on the Learning Poster.

I also printed out some different colored ice cream scoops from here, and will be using them as we follow the Letter of the Week curriculum.



Wednesday: was the letter "C." Jasmine made an Caterpillar C using the letter "C" and some sparkly pom-poms. I got the idea from No Time For Flash Cards.

We also made a cat with "C"s for its legs and tail, but unfortunately I cannot remember where I found the template for it. I did learn that if a craft needs to be colored and cut that it should be done on separate days.

EDIT: I found the webpage, it is from First-School. And can be found here.



We also colored a "C" worksheet that had an upper and lower case "C" with pictures of things that started with "C" from Mommy Nature.com. Here is the worksheet.

Thursday: was number three. Jasmine can already count to three (and beyond, although she always forgets eight, I don't know why.) So, we continued to count to ten using the number strip. I placed it lower so she can easily reach it.



Friday: the nursery rhyme for Friday was Pussycat, Pussycat. I got the image and rhyme from Mama Lisa, again.

Here is a view of our Learning Poster.


For October we had tons of pumpkins on our calendar.


I also got an alphabet wall border from It's Educational, our local teacher supply store.


I liked how this border had pictures to go along with the letters. It also came with a mini alphabet that I could hang at Jasmine's height.


What we are currently reading:
Jasmine's selection: Where the Wild Things are by Maurice Sendak


Jasmine loves this book. One night during bath time my husband read this to her and it has been non-stop ever since.

My selection: The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey by Trenton Lee Stewart


I got the first book because it sounded interesting, and when I finished that one I had to get this one, the second book, right away. I don't know how I'm going to be able to wait for the third book to come out in paperback.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...